Friday, July 30, 2010

Friends


So lately I have been thinking about my friendships both past and present...... I have a lot of friends that I thank God for everyday! My friends keep me grounded (this is in addition to my best friend which is my hubby). I have been through many things in my life and have had my friends that were there with and for me every step of the way.

I have come so far this year alone in my walk with God. I have never felt closer to him, or like he is walking right next to me everyday. God is my all time best friend. Everyday I have to look up and say "I don't know what I would do without you". I am a totally different person then who I was even only a few months ago. God has been working in my life and has already done so much in me. He is molding me and shaping me for his purpose. So, as I was saying before I have never been where I am now (in my entire life) then where I am today. When you get to a point like this in your life you start to look back, not negatively, just in more of a  "What took me so long?" or "Why did I not see this before?" way and I'm left in awe of where he's brought me from..... I am teary eyed as I write this because I wish I could just share this feeling with everyone. There is no other way to live then with and for him. Once you make up your mind to serve him and you give him your all. All your problems, all your worries and all your stress he takes it all and makes it better. Yes, He literally takes it all for you.

I know again, that it may seem small to many people. But not to me, I could never ever live my life without Jesus. I would never want to take a SINGLE step without him right by my side and I know I never have to.

So, back to my friends. Some friends I still talk to and some I haven't talked with in a while. But each and every one of them have helped me in a time of need. No matter what, I am thankful for you (yes you). Some have gone that extra mile to be there even when I didn't want them there. They stayed stubborn and consistent and I will forever be grateful to them. God used them to bring me back to the cross.

Well these are just some things that have been on my mind lately. I want, with the help and grace of God, to continue in his grace and mercy. I love each and every person that is in my life.

1 comment: